2018 season 2 – BTCC 60th Anniversary In honour of BTCC’s 60th anniversary we will be mixing things up a bit for our second BVTCC season of the year. Featuring some past tracks, the return of a night race and … Read More
In honour of BTCC’s 60th anniversary we will be mixing things up a bit for our second BTCC season of the year. Featuring some past tracks, the return of a night race and a street racing finale in the nations … Read More
What is BVTCC?
The original BTCC style Sim Championship
BVTCC (British Virtual Touring Car Championship) was the first on-line racing competition to dedicate and mirror the real race British Touring series which its based on. Car spec, performance, points structure, race structure, tracks, race regulations are all mirrored. Rfactor 2 is the only sim capable of providing this as well as simulated time of days and weather conditions. We are now in our 12th season.
Exciting Racing, great cars
WSR community and the BVTCC series is a key contributor through working with the modding community to deliver improvements and additional BTCC based content. We are instrumental in assisting and providing feedback on the physics used in the BTCC mod available to the public by our mod partners . Like the real world counterpart, the cars offer close and competitive on track action.
Joining the championship
Entry for this series is for Tier 2 and above drivers only. Eligible drivers wishing to join during the current active season should visit the driver market and monitor for drive offers from any teams that may have seats come available. New drivers to WSR should visit our Support Series and Sunday Cup sections to start to qualify
Eligible WSR Licence grades
Jan 12th – Winter pre season test (Portimao* TBC)
Feb 2nd – Brands Indy
Feb 16th – Donington
Mar 2nd – Thruxton
Mar 16th – Oulton Park
Apr 6th – Croft
Apr 20th – Snetterton
May 4th – Knockhill
May 18th – Rockingham
Jun 1st – Silverstone
Jun 15th – Brands GP
2018 grid will be limited to 30 spaces. The format is similar to the real BTCC TBL system and works as follows
- WSR to award up to 30 BVTCC BGL car licences with 2 reserved to use at admin discretion.
- Teams may only make one driver change per car during the season.
- Once submitted no team can change car manufacturer or livery during the live season.
- Teams with vacant seats for more than two rounds will risk loss of the licence for the unused car.
- Teams with seats becoming vacant mid season will be encouraged to recruit eligible replacements from within the BVTCC driver job market first.
- New drivers joining mid season may seek to join existing teams holding a entry licence and a vacant seat, or wait until next free entry licence is available. A forum thread will be maintained showing status of licences.
- All drivers must have registered on the WSR site and hold a Tier 2 or above WSR race licence.
- All drivers must comply fully with our rules and regulations of the series and community available to view on the web page.
- Driver are not permitted to switch teams during the live season.
Application is not an automatic acceptance of entry into the BVTCC. WSR Admins will consider the following points in order of priority when confirming BVTCC Car licence offers
- Existing teams completing two or more full seasons previously
- Teams owned by or running Superlicence drivers
- Teams Owned by or running Tier 1 licence drivers
- Teams owned by or running Tier 2 licence drivers (order by length membership and previous participation).
BVTCC will mirror recent BTCC rule changes and option tyre allocations at each round.
Reverse grid ballot for race three will now extend to places 6 to 13 as per 2018 BTCC rules.
Snetterton Race 3 will feature extended race distance as per 2018's real BTCC 50th anniversary event and adopt all regulations for that one off race.
Redzone will now apply to the full circuit on lap one
Q - How do I join this series?
A - Season entry is closed but follow the link above on this page and this will take you to the driver market where available drives may be listed.
Q - I want to join but don't hold a Tier 2 or above WSR licence
A - You must hold the correct licence to join the BVTCC grid. Tier 3 licence holder can join our support races at any point in a season. A good clean record of running in either our Sunday Cup or Clio series will help towards earning the required Tier 2 licence. See our licence page for full details.
Q - Can I get the mod/cars
A - Only competitors will have access the the BVTCC custom mod. Public version by Next Generation Mod Team (NGMT) can be found in Steam workshop.
Q - What restriction on car choice is there?
A - BVTCC series organisers cap manufacturer choices to no more than 25% of the entry field to ensure variety. Cars from ISI/S397, NGMT's public release and NGMT development cars may be on offer.
Q - What are the team size restrictions?
A - Two cars is the maximum team size from 2018 onwards however WSR Super licence members may apply to run a sister team providing it has a different identity, name and livery (driver limitations may apply)