Whats new for 2017 Season 2?
The new season brings a number of rule tweaks and changes, full details are listed below in the FAQ. Entry for this series is for Tier 2 and above drivers only. For new drivers wishing to compete, please see our WSR licence page for detail on how to qualify
2017 season 1
The real world BTCC calender is followed in full. The 2017B season one is our 11th and runs between July and December. Championships for Drivers, teams and independent entry are on offer.
Joining the grid
Entry is free for any rFactor2 user. Teams and Tier 2 and above WSR licensed drivers wishing to join for the new season, should read the requirements below and then are invited to apply by the link provided on this page below. Application period is open now and closes 23/06/17. Successful applicants will be notified within 24 hours of application close.
Q - How do I apply?
A - Click on the link above on this page, this will take you to the apply form which you can complete. You can return and revise the form at later date if required.
Q - I want to join but don't hold a Tier 2 or above WSR licence
A - There is still time to apply for Tier 3 licence and join our support races prior to BVTCC application close. A good clean record of running in either our WVTCC or Clio series will help towards earning the required Tier 2 licence.
Q - I want to join the grid but don't want to run as an independent or create a team, how do I seek drives?
A - Visit the BVTCC section of our forum and post in the Driver market topic. Team managers can also advertise for team mates in the topic.
Q - Can I get the mod/cars
A - Only competitors will have access the the BVTCC custom mod. Public version by StrawmanAndy can be found in the Steam workshop or Simracingforlife Facebook page.
Q - What restriction on car choice is there?
A - Once selected, teams must run thier chosen manufacturer for the entire season. Additionally series organisers will cap manufacturer choices to no more than 25% of the entry field
Q - What are the team size restrictions?
A - Three cars is the maximum team size but restriction on eligibility applies, see detail further below. Teams may run a sister team but must have a different identity, name and livery.
Pre-Season test - 14th Jul
Brands Indy - 21st Jul
Donington - 4th Aug
Thruxton - 8th Sep
Oulton - 22nd Sep
Croft - 6th Oct
Snetterton - 20th Oct
Knockhill - 3rd Nov
Rockingham - 17th Nov
Silverstone - 1st Dec
Brands GP - 15th Dec
2017 grid will be limited to 30 spaces. The format is similar to the real BTCC TBL system and works as follows
- WSR to award up to 30 BVTCC BGL car licences with 2 reserved to use at admin discretion.
- Teams may only make one driver change per car during the season.
- Teams with vacant seats for more than two rounds will risk loss of the licence for the unused car.
- Teams with seats becoming vacant mid season will be encouraged to recruit eligible replacements from within the BVTCC driver job market first.
- New drivers joining mid season may seek to join existing teams holding a entry licence and a vacant seat, or wait until next free entry licence is available. A forum thread will be maintained showing status of licences.
BVTCC will put more emphasis on teams and team management, each team will be granted their own forum group section if requested. That’s not done to encourage to pro style teams but to give members a bit of loyalty and pride to race for teams. Team owners will be encouraged to create team news stories in the WSR community and have a bit of fun with it.
- All drivers must have registered on the WSR site and hold a Tier 2 or above WSR race licence.
- All drivers must comply fully with our rules and regulations of the series and community available to view on the web page.
- Whilst we welcome and encourage all abilities, Tier 2 licence applicants may be required to demonstrate they can lap within 107% of last seasons fastest race lap before being permitted to race. This will be need to be completed as logged laps on WSR BVTCC servers pre-event.
Application is not an automatic acceptance of entry into the BVTCC. WSR Admins will consider the following points in order of priority when confirming BVTCC Car licence offers
- Existing teams completing two or more full seasons previously (automatic two car licence, subject to entry applications being made).
- Teams owned by or running Superlicence drivers
- Teams Owned by or running Tier 1 licence drivers
- Teams owned by or running Tier 2 licence drivers (order by length membership and previous participation).
- New members
Long serving established teams with two cars and drivers completing the previous season in full will be considered for a third car entry (subject to application and WSR management approval)
Please note that whilst the drivers all score drivers championship points, only the two highest finishing cars from each team will score team points