2018 season 2 - BTCC 60th Anniversary
In honour of BTCC’s 60th anniversary we will be mixing things up a bit for our second BTCC season of the year. Featuring some past tracks, the return of a night race and a street racing finale in the nations capital, 2018B is sure to be different. We also plan to move all cars over the new CPM tyre for the season.
Whats new for 2018B ?
Different calendar layout is one aspect which adds a different dynamic to the standard BTCC calendar. 2018B also introduces the S397 CPM tyre to our cars. Speaking of cars, the new Ford Focus RS is available for selection by all teams. Some of the team entry rules have also changed.
Joining the grid
Entry is free for any rFactor2 user with full purchased copy of of the simulator. BVTCC is open any WSR member holding the appropriate licence level mentioned previously. Licensed drivers wishing to join for the new season should read the requirements below as a selection process is in operation. To apply read the below detail and link to the application form. Close date is 15th June.
Q - How do I apply?
A - Follow the link above on this page, this will take you to the application form which you can complete. You can return and revise the form at later date if required.
Q - What is the closing date?
A - Midnight on Friday 15th June. Successful entries will be notified the following week.
Q - I want to join but don't hold a Tier 2 or above WSR license
A - Apply for Tier 3 license and join our support races. A good clean record of running in either our Sunday Cup or Clio series seasons will help towards earning the required Tier 2 license.
Q - I want to join the grid but don't want to run as an independent or create a team, how do I seek drives?
A - Visit the BVTCC section of our forum and post in the Driver market topic. Team managers can also advertise for team mates in the topic.
Q - Can I get the mod/cars
A - Only competitors will have access the the BVTCC custom mod. Public version by Next Generation Mod Team (NGMT) can be found in Steam workshop soon.
Jul 13th – Silverstone International
Jul 27th – Snetterton (60th anniversary format)
Sep 7th – Knockhill
Sep 21st – Croft
Oct 5th – Mondello Park
Oct 19th – Rockingham (Night Race)
Nov 2nd – Brands Hatch Indy
Nov 16th – Donington GP
Nov 30th – Thruxton
Dec 14th – London
The following revisions to applications have been made for the 2018B season
- Team managers are no longer permitted to apply to enter and run sister teams. Every team must have its own manager (regardless of whether driving or not).
- Team managers may only compete in their own team.
- Teams working together and manipulating results will be penalized.
2018 grid will be limited to 30 spaces. The format is similar to the real BTCC TBL system and works as follows
- WSR to award up to 30 BVTCC BGL car licences with 2 reserved to use at admin discretion.
- Teams may only make one driver change per car during the season.
- Once submitted no team can change car manufacturer or livery during the live season.
- Teams with vacant seats for more than two rounds will risk loss of the license for the unused car.
- Teams with seats becoming vacant mid season will be encouraged to recruit eligible replacements from within the BVTCC driver job market first.
- New drivers joining mid season may seek to join existing teams holding a entry license and a vacant seat, or wait until next free entry license is available. A forum thread will be maintained showing status of licenses.
- All drivers must have registered on the WSR site and hold a Tier 2 or above WSR race license.
- All drivers must comply fully with our rules and regulations of the series and community available to view on the web page.
- Driver are not permitted to switch teams during the live season.
BVTCC is not a skill based series and as such we will always prioritize our higher tier drivers and longest serving / most active members first. Application is not an automatic acceptance of entry into the BVTCC. WSR Admins will consider the following points in order of priority when confirming BVTCC Car license offers.
- Existing teams completing two or more full seasons previously
- Teams owned by or running Superlicense drivers
- Teams Owned by or running Tier 1 license drivers
- Teams owned by or running Tier 2 license drivers (order by length membership and previous BVTCC or support series participation).